Hello Familia,
I´m glad that mom finally made it home. Sounds like a miserable week, but I´m glad you are feeling better now. Felicitaciones, Mikayla on making top ten for SBO. That´s exciting! And hopefully swimming with a broken wing turns out okay for Christi. At least BYU is still beating the teams they´re supposed to beat. It will be crazy to see what ends up happening this week. The TCU game is going to be awesome to be at this year, if both teams continue winning.
This week it was like every other day was hot or freezing, cold and raining. Yesterday because of the surprisingly cold and rainy day, only like a third of the members even came to church. Mornings are hard for them to get up, and when you add rain to it, I guess every one just stays home.
Elder Jones baptize Matilde on Friday, and it was really good. She is such a happy little old person. She talks faster than I´ve heard any one talk, so she´s hard to understand. But she´s funny. Monday of last week was spring day, a national holiday here, so it´s starting to get warmer. Rainy days are a lot harder to find people. Everyone is just more closed off when the suns not out, but hopefully it will be sunny this week. We had some pretty cool experiences teaching this week. My Spanish is still struggling quite badly, but I´m starting to pick out a few more words when they speak, although most the time I am in the dark to what is going on.
On Saturday the ward took a temple trip (about an hour by bus), and we took investigators with us. We ended up with a lot of crazy little kids to keep track of, but it was good to be at the temple again, although we didn´t go inside.
The work is still moving forward down here, and I´m grateful to have this wonderful opportunity to serve. Some days are definitely rough. But this is where the Lord wants me to be, and where I know I need to be. I hope Mom continues to improve, and that every thing there goes well this week.
Love, David
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment