Hello family,
I´m sorry everyone was sick this week. Hope yáll start feeling better. March isn´t going to be the same without the college basketball tournament, but I guess there will be more after I get back. Today we had a zone activity with two zones and we played fútbol, volleyball and kickball. But kickball didn´t work out too well with the amount of Latinos that were there. (The only sport they understand is fútbol). But it was entertaing to watch the Latino elders that had no idea how to play baseball or kickball explain it to the others. There was too much confusion, so we just ended up playing soccer, but it was fun. (I´m going to have some work to do when I get back if I have any chance of being in shape again.)
We found some more good families to teach this week. It´s hard to teach both the mother and the father lots of the times because the dads always work, or they´re separated families. But this week we found about 4 new couples, and they all want to learn more. Hopefully they will complete and at least read the parts of the Book of Mormon, because the Book of Mormon has such power, that if they truly read it and ponder it, and pray to God to know it is true, God will answer them. The problem is, is that many of the people never actually get around to truly reading it, which is frustating, because there is a book with all the answers to all the questions they have, but it´s sitting on a shelf covered in dust.
This week we had an experience with an investigator that didn´t just put the book away, but she read it, and pondered, and prayed to know that it is true. When we went back to Rosío´s house this week we asked her how her reading went in the Book of Mormon, and she just started to smile; a big old smile. And she said ´yeah, I read all that you marked, and I read all of the pamphlet that you left.´ Then I asked her if she prayed and how she felt about what whe read, and she said, ´I know it´s true and I want to join this church; when I prayed to know if the Book of Mormon is true and if Joseph Smith was a prophet, I felt like someone was standing there with their arm around me, comforting me, and I felt so good, and I know that this book is true´¨ Rosio felt that she received her answer that the book was true, but she also understands that that means that the church also is true, and that she needs to follow the commandments and be baptized by the proper authority. She is going to be baptized in a month, the week after general conference, so we were all excited. Then the next day, Sunday, she came to the church at 8:30 alone, carrying her baby (her baby is only 4 months old, not a year and a half like I said last week; She´s a very big baby) to take the bus to stake conference. None of the members even showed up to take the bus, but there she was, ready to go.
And the father of the Peruvian family was also able to come. He missed the bus, but found is way to the stake conference somehow, although he didn´t really know where it was. The rest of the family didn´t come because the daughter was about to have a baby, so then after conference, we walked him to the hospital and talked to them a liitle there. He is very dedicated, and really wanted to go to stake conference, and he made it.
So now I´m out of time, but I´ll talk to you next week my little family.
Love, David
Monday, March 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment