Monday, April 12, 2010

April 12, 2010

Hola familia,
That´s great that Jake and Bryan´s baptism went so well, and it´s cool that they were able to be baptized together. They looked really happy in the pictures ( Jake a liitle bit mischievious, but a happy mischievious). We had Rosío´s baptism Saturday, and like usual with our baptisms, everything went wrong that day, but it turned out good in the end. It was a really good baptism. She is so humble and willing to change. Friday night we went the church to check if everything was good for the baptism, and the plug for the font was gone. The missionaries from the other ward had put it in a weird place, and someone moved it, so we had to try to find a plug. We went in the morning to find one, but the hardware stores didn´t have any. The Bishop ended up bringing the plug for the bathtub in his house, so that problem was solved. Then, ten minutes before the baptism, we found that someone had locked the closet that has the clothes, that was always open before. And only the Relief Society president has the key and we couldn´t get a hold of her. So once again the Bishop saved us, and drove to the sister´s house and got the key, and everything went good from there. Elder Estrada baptized Rosío, and on Sunday I had my first opportunity to confirm someone a member of the church, so that was a really good experience.

The picture with me and that other goofy guy (pictures from last week) is Elder Sasanuma, my last companion, and when we cooked the meat and pork was with Elder Sasanuma in Mayol. We haven´t done too many fun things here in Quilmes. Elder Estrada doesn´t seem to like to have fun as much, but today we´re going bowling with our district at Wal-Mart, so that will be fun. Walmart is like it´s own city here. It´s gigantic. Elder Trujillo lived with Elder Jones and I in Mayol, and he just left for home this last transfer, he´s from Colorado. He has a Spanish name, and looks partly Latino, so when I arrived my first day, he pretended to be from Argentina for almost a week, but he got found out the day when I found out that BYU beat Oklahoma, and he showed too much football knowledge to be Argentinian. He couldn´t take it any more talking in a Spanish accent; I felt dumb that I hadn´t realized for a whole week, but it was funny.

I was excited to hear about Jake and Bryan, and their enthusiam, and their baptism. I know that I´m right where I´m supposed to be, and that I can really help others to come unto Christ if I keep striving to do my best everyday, and continue seeking continuosly new people to teach and to find.

Goodbye, my family,
Love David

No comments:

Post a Comment