Hey family,
Sounds like everything´s going well up in Riverton. That´s too bad about Mikayla´s finger (Mikayla broke her finger playing basketball on Saturday.) But it sounds like everything went well with the Christmas tree and with the assemby. That´s awesome (Mikayla did a Christmas Tree service project for a teacher at school who has breast cancer and presented the tree in an assembly.) Sounds like it´s a lot colder up there than we´re feeling down here. Summer´s starting up and it´s been pretty hot this week.
This week was a lot of meetings and interviews and things, but the baptismal service for Norah and José went very well. It was a very good experience. Both Norah and José were super excited and it was very good. Norah´s daughters didn´t come, so that was disappointing, but her granddaughter Ashelyn came and she has come with Norah the last 3 weeks and really loves it. But her mom's not really into it. We hoped they would come to the baptism to have that experience, but hopefully seeing the changes in Norah´s life can help them to see the importance, bcause we´ve taught almost everything, and I know they´ve felt the spirit. They just don´t want to commit to change, give up the drink , and working on Sundays. We pray they can start making changes and that they can be good examples to their kids who are really excited for Primary and everything.
Elder Sypherd and I are staying together in 9 de Abril for 6 more weeks. Looks like when I go to an area I´m in for the long run. It´s looking like I´ll probably just have 4 areas in all of my mission; we´ll see. After Norah and José´s baptism, we don´t have a whole lot of investigators that are progressing, that just don´t want to keep the commandments. So we´re kind of going to be starting from scratch this transfer. We pray to be able to find those that have been prepared here in our area. I know there´s people here ready to be baptized, we´ve just got to try all ways possible to be able to find them. Hopefully this week we can set everything up to be able to help others to the waters of baptism this transfer. We talked a lot in all of the training with President Stapley about always improving and about focusing on our purpose and inviting people to be baptized from the beginning. We´ve been talking about baptism and inviting people to be baptized in the first lessons this week, and even if the people aren´t ready it helps them know why we´re here and we can know if they really have true intentions in coming to Christ. So we pray that everything goes well this week. I´ve been kind of worried because it seems we´ve almost lost all of our investigators, but we´re doing the best we can, and the Lord knows that, and we pray to be able to improve this time around.
We have 4 missionaries in our ward and they changed so now Elder Tattersall and Elder Pearson are both going to be in our ward. They both lived in my room in the MTC, so that will be fun to be all together. We´re just missing my compañion, Elder Jensen, or it would be the same as the MTC.
I have no idea what I want to do for BYU. I hadn´t even thought about it, and now I´m scared. I don´t even remember how to add. I don´t know how statistics and calculus classes are going to work out. I heard that missionaries can set up a time to go to the offices to sign up for classes, but I´m not sure. But I have no idea what classes to take, so I guess I just won´t go back to college (you´re probably mad now; but I think I was just kidding...... I might go back if you really want me too..... he-he.) So I don´t really know, but I guess if you give me options or something I can pick classes; but I don´t even remember what classes I´ve taken or what I need to take; but it might be easier if I could look at it on the computer in the offices too; no sé.
Well, Christmas is coming up fast, I´ll talk to you next week. I guess in a couple of weeks we´ll get to talk on the phone so that will be awesome. I love you guys; I´ve been here a long time, but I know I´m here for the right reasons.
Love, David.
Monday, December 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment