Monday, April 25, 2011

April 25, 2011

Hello familia,
Sounds like a fun weekend. All the kids look a lot different. Kendrick and Jensen are both completey different already. Kendrick looks alot like Brennan, at least in those pictures. It sounds like school ended well for Christi. That´s awesome that I got a scholarship, but it´s too bad I didn´t keep my full tuition scholarship. I probably lost it for the A- in Calculus in the spring; bummer. But half will still be a good help.

This week was a lot of walking and a lot of doing contacts and looking for new people to teach. But on Saturday we were able to start teaching Marta´s sister, Noemi, and her daughter María Luz, and her boyfriend Raul. They were one of the families that came to Marta´s baptism last week, and we went and taught them with Hno. Chalupa and it went really well. María Luz is eleven and she loved the baptism, and had actually borrowed Marta´s Book of Mormon and had already read quite a few chapters. Noemi has thyroid cancer, but she smokes like more than 2 packs a day, so that couldn´t be helping a ton. With all of the problems she´s been through she´s had lots of doubts if God really exists, but she felt good in the baptism, and is willing to read and pray to know for herself. We still weren´t able to sit down and teach with Marta´s son Maxi, but he´s really promising too. He just works from 7 in the morning until 7, that´s the main problem, but hopefully we can him home one night this week.

Marta´s doing really well this week. She was confirmed yesterday, and she gets along really well with all the members, and she´s already invited her sister and her family over to her house to have a family home evening. She's had lots of excitement to invite her friends and family to the church, so hopefully we can use all of that energy to find new people to teach, and also to help stay active and in the path. I know that God really does prepare the way for his children to receive the restored gospel, and to receive the corresponding blessings in their lives.

Well I´ll talk to yáll next week. I love you all.
Love, David

No comments:

Post a Comment