Monday, June 20, 2011

June 20, 2011

Hello family;
Still sounds like everything is super busy up in the land of Utah. That´s awesome that Tyler´s homecoming went well. (David's friend and roommate, Tyler Tinkham just returned from the Honduras mission.) It´s crazy that we´re about to become old. It´s getting old to hear 20 times a day that I´m getting old in the mission, and that I´m already dead. But I´m not dead. I´ve got two more weeks, and we´ve got some awesomeness left to complete. But it´s amazing to see how fast the time goes by.

This week was quite a long rough week, but with one super ray of sunshine. We haven´t been able to find any of our investigators or any new families. But we did have an awesome experience with Rocío, the girl from institute that we found last week. We went over with a member named Daniel, that is her friend from institute, and we had left 2 Nefi 31 for her to read. We asked her how her reading went and she really felt good and prayed and asked if the Book of Mormon is true and felt that she had received an answer. Then we asked her what she had understood in the chapter about baptism, and that chapter had really touched her and she had actually already decided and had talked to her mom that she wants to be baptized! We took out a baptismal date with Rocío for the 2nd of July, which is awefully soon, especially considering that she works Sunday morning. But the rest of the lesson we talked about the Sabbath Day and how we can keep it holy, and she felt that she needs to start looking to change her work. But she committed to talk to her boss and ask him if she could come in an hour late so she could come to Sacrament Meeting and she did it, and was able to come to church this week! It´s still difficult because she wasn´t able to stay for the classes and really get to know the members, but we pray that she can receive the answers to her prayers and be able to keep the Sabbath Day holy and attend church and make it to baptism the 2nd of July! Time is really an issue now, and we need to help her that she can really experience conversion before this important time in her life. We were thinking about a later date, but my companion just went for it and took out the date as soon as possible. The spirit was there, so we will do everything we can do to help her make it to her baptismal goal.

This next week the missionaries that are going home are going on a tour on Saturday of the capital of Buenos Aires, so I don´t think I will have P-day Monday to write home, or time on Saturday. But Rocío´s baptism has to be the same time, so I might have normal P-day and write home Monday. A baptism the last Saturday in the mission definitely beats a tour of capital in my books, but it would be cool to see Buenos Aires and some of the tourist sites. It´s a huge city. So this could be the last time I write yáll from Argentina, but it´s looking like the baptism will be the same time, so I´ll probably write again, but don´t be scared or worried if I don´t.

Love you guys, and we´ll be seeing yáll soon if you don´t hear from me next week.
Love, David

No comments:

Post a Comment