Monday, December 21, 2009

December 21, 2009

Feliz Cumpleaños Mother, Happy Birthday!

Hello Familia,
It sounds like it´s still quite cold there and still hot here. That´s sad about Marcia, but hopefully she´ll be able to go back out soon, because it´s something that is so important to her and to the Lord. (David's cousin Marcia is home from her mission recovering from a serious ear infection that makes it so she can't even stand up. She hopes to return to her mission in California soon.)

Yesterday I had some strange food, to answer Mikayla´s question that she asks every week. We were at a member’s house and we had fried liver. I couldn´t tell if it was chicken or meat, I just thought it was some really bad, veiny chicken. But my companion told me after we left that it was liver. It was breaded strips of liver deep fried in oil; not the best thing I´ve tasted, but it was edibleish. And I found a really cool nativity set like two weeks ago. Everyone says that it´s pretty hard to find nativities here, but I found a really cool one. I don´t know if I´m going to try to just keep it with me or send it to you guys, because there´s probably a good chance it could get broken with the mail service here, and I don´t really even know how to send packages here.

Fireworks are really big here for Christmas and New Years. The last two week there’s been firecrackers and what would be quite illegal fireworks there, going off all the time. Quite a few people have little Christmas trees in their houses, and there is Papa Nicholas as Santa Claus, but I think it´s kind of like how it´s turning into in the states with the no ¨Christmas, but Happy Holidays¨. Here it´s just the ¨fiestas¨ to a lot of people; a break from work to drink and shoot of fireworks. But hopefully the people put emphasis on Christ and the true meaning of Christmas in their families and homes.

That´s cool that Quinn received his call (a friend from our ward). That will be really cool in Texas; he´ll speak quite a bit different Spanish than we do here. I still should be calling between 1 and 3 Argentina time and it will be really good to talk to you guys. I´ve really liked all the gifts for the twelve days of Christmas. They´ve been really good.

Everything´s going good here; it´s getting harder to teach people because they don´t have a lot of time this week, but we have service activity´s planned with the zone and we´re going to go work in a hospital, so that will be really good too. It´s a little hard being here during Christmas and everything, but this is where I´m supposed to be, it´s where I´m blessed to be, and it´s where I want to be. I hope you have a good birthday mom, and I love all you guys, and will talk to you on Christmas.

Love, David

No comments:

Post a Comment