Tuesday, October 5, 2010

October 5, 2010

Hola familia,
It sounds like everyone had a good conference weekend up there excepting the folly of BYU. You're right, if I was there this season I probably would have already hurt myself. I wouldn't be able to handle it. Utah State? And it wasn't even really close. That just doesn't happen. But oh well. Down here I'm emotionally detached. It's not really the same so as long as they win the National Championship when I get back. It'll all be good.

Sounds like Mikayla's still doing well in volleyball. It's tougher sometimes to lose close games that to just plain get out beat, but that's awesome that they're playing well. Tell Wendy that I got her package quite a while ago, and that it was super good. And Mikayla- I'm sorry, but they don't celebrate Halloween here.

Conference was really good this week. The familia Boliviana were all able to come to conference Saturday. We went and picked them up at their house and took a bus to get to the stake center, and they really liked it. But right now they don't feel like they can commit to baptism because they have to work Sundays in the fairs and they're never going to be able to come to church. But they're really progressing and we hope that they can really pray with faith to be able to keep the Sabbath day holy like we invited them to do.

I wrote today instead of yesterday because we changed p-day to today to go to the capital as a district. And we went to an old catholic cemetery place that has all of the famous people in Argentina like the people that all the streets are named after. We also saw the sepulchres of the man on the 2 peso bill, 10 peso bill, 50, and 100 peso bill. So that was kind of interesting, but boring, but good to see I guess.

Now after we write emails we're going to go to a natural science museum and then we'll return back to the area to work. Yesterday in the morning, myself and the other missionaries that came the same time as me, had to go to the immigration building to sign a paper, because there were lots of problems with our papers and we still are not legal, although even the new missionaries like Elder Pratley that I trained already have theirs. So we waited in a line for 6 hours in a crowded building like when you wait to get a driver's license. We signed the paper and then we have to come back later to sign more papers and then they'll give us our papers that say we can leave the country with out having to pay lots of fines. So that was fun. There's nothing like losing a half a day to sign a paper, but it's something that has to be done.

Everything`s going well here in 9 de Abril, and hopefully this week we can take out more baptismal dates. We have lots of investigators that are really progressing, and we hope that we can have the spirit to help them make this important covenant of baptism.

I really enjoyed conference this week with all of the talks about prophets and revelation, and avoiding things that will become addictions and vices. They were perfect talks to answer the questions of Bartolo and Felicita and our investigators, and it was a really powerful conference.

Well, I'll talk to you guys next week.
Love, David

No comments:

Post a Comment