Thursday, August 20, 2009

August 20, 2009

This week has gone by really fast for me. We've been teaching all week. This week is teaching week, and we've been contacting and teaching like 5 lessons everyday. It's been really stressful, and hard, but this week has flown by pretty fast. We still don't have our travel plans, but we should be getting them any time now. Spanish is still getting better slowly, but I think we're at the point where we need to hear real Spanish people speak. I can get by with my Spanish here, but when we get there none of us are going to know what anyone is saying. The first couple of weeks down there are going to be crazy and hard. I'll probably walk more in one day there than I will the whole time I'm here. I do not get much exercise. But I know I can make it through with the Lord's help and with the assistance of the Holy Ghost.

It's sad about dad's wrist. Hopefully the surgery turned out good. Sounds like things are still going crazy around there. How did the four-wheeler handle the crash? Not that it's as important as a functioning hand. (Dean broke his wrist four-wheeling on Saturday at Little Sahara. He had surgery on Wednesday and had pins put in to help the bone heal).

It finally feels like there's a possibility of actually leaving Provo. It's been a long time, but I feel like I've learned more in 7 weeks than I've learned in whole school years. It's definitely a good place to be, but I just want to get out into the world and breath the outside air, and eat real food again.
I used the picture maker machine thingy today, but the pictures probably won't get there until next week sometime because it will take a couple days for them to print the pictures.

I hope you all have a good week, and that nothing else breaks this week.
Love,
David

No comments:

Post a Comment