I got your emails today. We receive them through the same site, and we can only look at them on P-day in the same half an hour we have to send emails.
I've been sick all week. I had a sinus infection, and on Monday the doctor gave me a prescription for amoxicillin or something, but he said to just hold onto to it for two days, and see if it went away because it was starting to get better. I was in the gray area between an infection and not. But I'm pretty much better. Sunday was the only day I was stuck in my room; another Elder in the district was sick too, so we were stuck in there just reading and sleeping all day. Not very fun, but I'm feeling better now.
I'm glad Elizabeth's baptism went well. I wish I could have come on that trip. The MTC isn't the most exciting place, but it's a good place to be. Yesterday we taught the whole first lesson in Spanish for the first time in the TRC, and it went pretty good. Our Spanish was rough, but the spirit was there, and we were able to teach clearly without clear Spanish.
I saw Tyler Tinkham (David's friend and BYU roommate; called to Honduras) a few times before he left but not a lot. I've seen Johnny (BYU roommate; called to New Jersey) quite a few times. He was only supposed to be in here for 3 weeks, but he had to get foot surgery because of a bone spur, so he'll end up being here for nine weeks. The last six weeks he won't really be doing anything, with crutches and a wheel chair. I also saw David Burgess (BYU roommate: called to Everett, Washington), and I found out that Jason Brewer (BYU roommate) was called to Sao Paolo, Brazil. He won't be leaving until late October, so his timing was kind of bad, but it will be a cool place to go. I think we should still be leaving around the 31st or the first of September. You don't have to have visas to live in Buenos Aires anymore, so everyone going there is going on time. The Elders going any where else in Argentina like Rosario or Salta are all getting delayed, and I've heard of some elders that are even getting changed to different missions in the U.S.., so I'm glad that it looks like we'll be able to go; it sounds like the Argentinian government is going a little crazy with the visas and things though.
Things sound really busy around there, and hope that ya'll keep having fun. Spanish is super tough, and I don't really feel like I've made progress the last two weeks, but it's coming along. Hopefully I'll have a decent basic understanding before I get thrown into the middle of Buenos Aires. Their Spanish is a lot different and faster then the versions our teachers speak to us.
Well, till next week,
Love, David
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment