Hola familia,
I don´t know what happened to my letter last week. It got sent back for an error or something, but I resent it. Hopefully they get through today. Sounds like everything is going busy with school and basketball and everything. That´s good Mikayla was able to follow her feelings and avoid a possible injury. (Mikayla had an experience last Wednesday with a basketball game where she was prompted that something might happen and to be careful.) Sounds like this March is shaping up to be an awesome tournement with BYU. That´s awesome that Christi got good seats to the game (BYU vs. Utah on Saturday, Feb. 12). It was probably crazy. We have interviews with President Stapeley on Friday, so if the package gets here, we should be getting mail then.
This week we were able to get into a couple of houses and we found some new investigators, but we are struggling to have investigators really complete commitments, but we have some possibilities. Elder Diaz is still the same. I´m doing everything I can to animate him, to get him going, but he´s just cold. He refuses to do contacts and he doesn´t want to be here. We´re working super hard, talking to everyone in the street, and in the buses, but I still haven´t found a way to get Elder Diaz to participate or to be happy. He says he´ll never be happy as long as he´s here in Argentina, and the only reason he came is to make his mom happy. But, we´ll keep praying that we can change his reasons to be here. Hopefully interviews with President help, but he can only be helped if he wants to be, and I'm always asking him what I can do, or how we can be more happy, but he says that I can´t help him. But I think I can with a little help. We´re gonna keep praying.
I did interchanges this week with a companionship in my district. Their area was out more in the country, and they have bikes. It was the first time I´ve ridden a bike in more than a year and a half, and it was kind of crazy, but I survived. It was good being out of the busy city for a day. But we´re teaching a lot with the returned missionaries from the ward, and they're helping us a lot with lessons. The investigators that are here from before just don´t keep commitments, so I´m praying that we can find new people to teach, to help make it to baptism. We spend most of the time walking and contacting people in the streets, or clapping houses that have open windows, or appear to be home. But despite all the challenges, I am happy, something that I couldn´t have done when I first came out. I know why I´m here, and that I´m doing the best I can to invite and help the people come to Christ.
Well, I love all you guys, and I´ll talk with you next week.
Love, David
Monday, February 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment