Hola Familia,
Today was transfers, and Elder Jones has left me. My new companion is Elder Alvorado from Cordoba, Argentina, and he speaks no English at all. It is going to be an adventure. It was cool to meet back up with my MTC district today at transfers. It was good to see them again and catch up, and to talk to others that are in the same situation, but they´re all doing good.
I forgot to write it in last week´s letter, but I saw most of conference, besides the regular Saturday sessions, and it was a really good conference. It was good to get a solid spiritual foundation before starting a new week.
I´ve only been with Elder Alvorado for a couple of hours, but he seems pretty cool. We´ll see how well we can really communicate tonight; this first week is going to be a bit of a struggle, but I know it will help me a lot with my Spanish and communication skills. I´m glad to be with a Spanish speaker. It´ll just be a little tough for awhile, but I´m excited. The hardest part this week is going to be to adjust all of our investigators to the change. It´s going to be hard to find all of the houses. I can read the map pretty good, but it´s not the best set up road system. He´s going to be the new one in the area now, so it´s going to be hard this week to introduce him to all the families and people with my quite limited speech, but again, it will be an adventure:)
I´m glad to hear that Mom and Grandpa are doing better this week, and that Christi´s arms are good enough to swim now (sounds like Maxie´s arm (Max Hall-BYU Quarterback)is doing better this week too:) I haven´t really been sick since I´ve been here, so hopefully it can stay that way for a good while.
I did get to go through the temple a couple of weeks ago, and it was cool, but very small inside. That´s probably part of the reason they are doing renovations. But it´s very pretty and it has very pretty grounds also.
I found out this week that I think anyone can send emails to me, but I have to write to everyone but immediate family. So that could make it easier to do mail. Also for packages and things, I think there´s still quite a few problems with the mailing, but I´ve heard that you have to send packages through express, for them to be safe. But even then you sometimes have to pay more to retrieve them. So I´m not really sure what´s the best to do. Maybe you could find out better there. I don´t have a whole lot of resources. I´m sorry your braces hurt little mister, but at least you´ll get done early if you wear you elastics!
Well I´ll talk to you, my family, next week; goodbye.
Love David
Monday, October 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment