Monday, October 26, 2009

October 26, 2009

Hola family,
I´m glad you had a good weekend in Holden and with Marcia´s farewell, but maybe not so good of a time after the BYU game. Sounds like in mom´s letter it was not a good turn out for BYU. I guess that means they probably choked again like always. I thought they would be able to pull this one off, especially at home. That is sad that the emails of everyone got deleted, but I guess I´ll here from everyone next week.

It´s starting to get pretty hot here, but on Wednesday and Thursday we had some pretty nasty lighting storms. But it´s cool when it rains a lot because all the frogs come out, and there´s frogs everywhere for a little while. It´s pretty sweet. I haven't got the package yet, but it could be in the office, and they´ll give it to me when we have interviews with the president like the 26th of November. Hopefully I will get it sooner somehow, but I think the the only way we can get the packages is at the office. The only thing I can really think of that I want is some peanut butter. There is no peaunut butter here and it makes me very sad because peanut butter makes me happy. That´s all I can really think of right now, but I will try to think harder.

Things are still going alright in our area. We´re still working on waking up earlier, and working harder. Hopefully this week we can get going harder. It's been hard to have to keep pushing and prodding, but having him as a companion is helping a lot with my Spanish and with every day communication. But I still struggle to communicate a lot of things. He is a really good missionary. Lots of missionaries, I think, just get in habits, and it takes a while to break them. But we´re going to keep improving.

Yesterday was a hard day to be teaching though because it was the Super Classico, a soccer game between the two big rival teams in Argentina: Boca, and River. Everyone watches is it, and you know when someone scores because you can hear everyone yelling, and people fire off gun shots and stuff. It´s kind of crazy, and is not the best time to try to get into people´s houses, but it was kind of cool to see some passionate sports fans again. I´m about out of time now, but I´ll here from you next week, and hopefully, the internet works this time.

Love, David

No comments:

Post a Comment