Hello my people,
Mikayla, I´m excited to hear that you are an SBO. That´s awesome, and it will be really fun with Parker. He´s a funny kid. And Christi you need to stop hurting yourself so you can win state this year in swim. I am very glad to hear that my mother is getting better. It´s probably good for you to sit down and watch a couple movies anyway, since you haven´t ever really sat down and watched a whole movie, at least not that I´ve seen. It sounds like everyone is pretty much injured except Mikayla. So I guess she needs to do something drastic, or she´s not going to fit in anymore. I guess this just isn´t the year for Maximus Hall. I think he´ll still step it up for TCU and Utah though, especially since we have both at home. Those will be fun games to be at.
This week we found a really nice old lady. Her name is Luisa and she is 73 years old. When we were planning one night we decided to go tracting in a pretty rich part of our area that Elder Jones had never really been to, but I wanted to try to see if we could find any new people over there. There were some very nice houses over in that area, a lot different than where we usually go. But everyone we clapped wanted nothing to do with us. There is definitely a difference in areas. So we had had no success there and we were about to head off to another area where we had other people to visit, but I saw a little white house, and I said, “Let´s try this last one first.” So we clapped it and a lady, about in her 60´s answered the door, and said we could come back later, but not right now because her mother in law was visiting. But then Luisa, her mother-in-law walked up to the window and said she would like us to come in. So we went in and taught them the first lesson and it went pretty well. They both seemed to like it. But then two days later we went to visit the daughter-in-law at the time we had set up but she wasn´t there. So we went and tried to find Luisa´s house by the address she gave us. After a while we found her house, a little house behind another house, through a narrow ally way, and we clapped. She just came out with the biggest smile on her face, and said she´d been waiting those whole two days for us to show up. She let us in, and we had a wonderful lesson, and she committed to baptism, because she read and prayed and knows it´s true, and really wants to have the changes in her life.
At the end of the lesson, she said some things that were a great testimony to me about missionary work and about the spirit. She said that the last three weeks she had been really thinking about trying to find a church that she could trust, and that had the truth. But she had tried in the past and never felt the peace in the churches that she knew she should. Then, she said she went to her daughter in law, Nelida´s, house, that morning, but she had no idea why, because she always goes in the evenings. But she said she knew when she saw us at the door, that God had answered her wants, and had sent us there, at that time for her. There was a great spirit in this lady’s modest, little house, and I hope that the lessons can continue to go well. She really loves the gospel, and knows the changes that living it can bring to her life. Her experience and testimony were a great strength and building experience for me.
That story ended up taking longer to write than I meant it to, but it was a great testimony to me that God will put people in our path that are looking for answers, and that need the gospel in their lives, because this is His work and His glory, and every soul has great worth in His eyes.
Well goodbye Familia. I love you all and I hope you all have a good, safe week.
Love, David
Monday, October 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment