November 23, 2009
My myldsmail.net email isn´t working today, so I didn´t get to read your emails, so that was really sad; I always looking forward to reading my weekly letter, but maybe it would be safer to send future letters to this email address, because it´s less sketchy. The other one usually works, but it decided to rebel against us today. Today I received both packages. They arrived last Thursday, so they came pretty quick, but I had to pay like 320 pesos, which is about 70/80 dollars. But I´m excited. 300 pesos is worth it if it means two packages from family. The finance secretary said that for next time, it´s probably a good idea to just write 5 or 10 dollars on the value and it will get taxed less. But I don´t know if you can do that if you take it to the post office, because they probably check? But they came pretty quick. I was surprised that they got here that fast. I think Express or whatever you used is definitely the safest, best way to send things.
We had transfers today, and I´m staying in Mayol. But I´m getting another compañero, y el se llama Elder Sasánuma, and he´s from Paraguay. But his parents are from Japan or something; so he knows like 5 languages: Spanish, guatani(Paraguay), English, Japanese, and Portugese. I´ve only been with him for like 30 minutes, but he seems pretty cool.
On Thursday Elder Bednar and Elder Snow, a president of the seventy, came with their wives and spoke to the three Buenos Aires missions, and the Buenos Aires MTC. It was awesome. There was such a strong spirit there in that chapel. There were two translators that translated sentence by sentence, so that was pretty cool to hear the talk both in English and in Spanish. It was a really good meeting focused on letting the spirit teach by allowing the investigators to find the answers and search by faith in order to truly be converted.
... and now I´m happy, because the email just opened, so I got to read the email. That´s weird that it says I´ve had three withdrawals of about 50/60 dollars, because I´ve only withdrawn once with the credit card; but I´ve had it the whole time, so I don´t know how. I´m going to withdraw more this week for the package and for Christmas, but I´ve only withdrawn once, and it should have been about 70/ 80 dollars. But it´s probably ok; I confuse myself sometimes.
Cheer for me at the game this week, and have a good Thanksgiving,( it is Thanksgiving this week isn´t it?). I love you guys, and I´ll talk to you next Monday.
Love, David
Monday, November 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment