Monday, January 11, 2010

January 11, 2010

Hello Familia;
This week has been unbelievably hot. I thought it was hot before, but it wasn´t. It´s so humid and sunny, it´s like you just melt when you step outside. We got a fan this week so that has really helped, but its so hot that on quite a few houses that we clap, the people won't even come out because they say they´ll get heat stroke or something if they step 5 feet from the door to receive a pamphlet. It´s kind of funny; people will use whatever they can for excuses. But the heat can be a benefit also, because some people will offer us water, and that gives us a chance to preach to them the gospel while they´re waiting for their cups back.

This week my Spanish has started to get better too, as I´ve focused on my accent when I speak. And I can pretty much understand everything, at least the gist of it, but speaking is still pretty hard, but getting easier.

Sounds like everything's still going good there, especially with bowl week. I miss football. I got quite a few letters this week and that made me happy. I got a letter from Alan and Betty Anderson, and from the other Elder Coats, and a card from Mike Wood's family and from Grandma, and from you guys, and from the ward. Christi still hasn´t recieved her letter from BYU?

Last week we found a really cool family; they´re quite poor, but are very humble, and are willing to do whatever it takes to follow the commandments and be baptized so they can be clean again, so they can have the spirit in their lives and in their home. Their names are Manuel and Magalee. It will take them a while to work towards baptism because they need to be married, and she has to wait for her citizenship papers to be completed. But they really want to be baptized and know how important that this step is in their lives. I believe all their papers and things will work out, and they´ll be able to be married if they continue to strive to keep the commandments and to work towards their goal of baptism.

I hope you guys all have a good week, and I´ll hear from you next week.
Love, David

No comments:

Post a Comment