Monday, January 4, 2010

January 4, 2010

Hola Familia;
That´s awesome that Jared got his call to California, I knew he should of been getting it soon. (Jared Hurst is a longtime friend of David's from our old neighborhood. He has been called to the California, Roseville Mission and leaves February 10). I hope Matt will start his papers soon too; that would be really cool if he could go. Today was transfers, but I´m staying here in Mayol again with Elder Sasanuma. I´ve been here quite awhile, but everything is still going pretty good. New years Eve we ate barbeque at a member family's house, so that was better than staying in the apartment like we had to on Christmas. I again had to eat intestines; but these were worse, because after I bit it, it squirted in my mouth, and it did not taste good; but the other meat was pretty good.

On Saturday we did service with the whole zone at an orphanage, laying cement for two rooms, and putting up a chainlink fence. The orphange is just a house pretty much, but there´s 14 kids, 2 adults and only 2 rooms, but now there´s going to be two more rooms for them to sleep in. It was a cool experience working there and talking to the kids. It was also sad to see all these kids growing up without family and without parents. But their orphange mother is really trying her best to help them grow up in a loving home.

It sounds like everyone had a good break for the holidays; hopefully going back to real life won´t be too hard. And it looks like Christi´s going to be real busy with Sterling Scholar and everything. I guess she´s a lot more ambitious than I ever was.

There´s rough days down here; but I know why I´m here, and that through always obeying, through working, even through the dark rainy days, we´ll be blessed, and all will be well with us. I never thought I´d be able to just walk up to people and talk to them about Jesus Christ and about the gospel. But every day it becomes less and less hard, and more and more of a need that I have to talk to everyone, because that is what I was called here to do; to invite others to come to Christ. And I know that he lives, and that it is only through God´s plan and through His Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, that we can truly have happiness in this life and in the life to come.

I love you guys, and I´ll talk to you next week.
Love, David

No comments:

Post a Comment