Hello my people,
Sounds like excitement about missionary work is really going good up there. It's good to hear that most of the young men in the ward decided to go on missions. Are Steven Gabbitas and Wes Wahlin going to go (Young Men from our ward)? And it´s awesome that Jared Hurst is leaving this week, and that Matt Laraway is starting his papers (David's friends). Sounds like life is pretty busy and normal, and like the sports world is pretty exciting at the moment. But it will still be there when I get back I guess.
Last week, and before, you mentioned that Jodi and Wendy had sent packages for Christmas, but I didn´t ever get them. I got things from them for Halloween, but the things for Christmas never came. I don´t what happened. Is Shane working with Mendenhall and the football team this year?
I guess I´m glad I didn´t do Sterling Scholar. It sounds like a pain in the head, but it will be very worth it if you can get a scholarship or help from it. (Christi is the FACS Sterling Scholar for Riverton High School.) I kind of slacked back then.
This week we found another really amazing man named Carlos. We clapped at his gate on Wednesday. He was working on cementing out back, but he just came out, and let us in and we taught him about the restoration and the Book of Mormon. Then we came back on Saturday and he said he had talked to all of his neighbors and everyone he talked to about our message, and how he knew it was true, and had invited his married daughter and also his neighbor to come over at the time of the apointment and we taught all of them. So we were really excited, but he was a little dissapointed because only his daughter and his one neighbor really were interested, and he wished that more would have listened. This man had known of the restored gospel for 3 days, and felt so strongly about it that he invited others to come and partake of the fruit that he had tasted. It was amazing to see how one man, one contact, could turn into 3 wonderful new families to teach because of the simple act of sharing something good with neighbors. If all of us were as willing to share the gospel as Carlos, there wouldn't be enough time in a week to teach all of the new people and new investigators that would want to know more about the church. The simple act of inviting others, of sharing with friends, can make a world of difference in the work!
It was good to hear from you guys and about how everything is going up there. I´ll talk to you next week.
Love, David
Monday, January 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment